It’s award time!!
Yes, GeekGirlGoes has received another award! (I won the Liebster award earlier this year). This time, I’ve been nominated by MVMT blog for a Versatile Blogger Award! MVMT is run by two lovely girls – Diana and Hope. They’re sisters who both have busy full time lives (as an attorney and a student, respectively) but still find time to travel. I love their 24 hour city guides – so if you’re heading to Europe anytime soon, be sure to check them out!
Starting and running this blog has been an awesome journey so far! At the time of writing this, I am just 8 months into my blogging journey – and you guys have been the most awesome readers I could have asked for! So, as part of winning this award, I have to share 7 things about myself – and I’ve tried to think of things you might not already know! Enjoy!
My Versatile Blogger Award
1. So you guys know that I ran away with the circus, right? Well, that’s not the only performing I’ve done! From the age of 8 – 19 I studied Musical Theatre. That’s right, I can sing, dance, and act (I hope)! I have a lot of tricks up my sleeve y’know.
2. I’m the youngest of three. I know you’ve seen pictures of one of my brothers a few times, since we spent a LOT of time together in Japan. But, there’s one more of us hiding down in the south of England working a real job as a chef!
3. I love cars and driving. Top Gear is one of my favourite programmes on TV, and it really got me interested in cars. I was terrified of driving when I first passed my test, and when I had to drive in America it was even worse. But I soon settled in and started to enjoy the long road trips along the American highways. I now dream of one day owning a Bugatti Veyron one day. One day…
“She turned her can’ts into cans, and her dreams into plans” 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 I never dreamed I would be able to get my dream job so soon. Working with social media and marketing for the travel industry! It seemed so out of reach for me! But now, here we are! 1 week to go before I start my new adventure!! What dreams have you followed and made into plans?
4. I’ve never broken a bone. I have fractured one though – my skull. Ooops. Don’t drink and climb walls on Halloween kids! Must be all the milk I drink, but my bones are tough as nails.
5. When I was 16, I caved into pop culture and did the unthinkable…I got my belly button pierced. I stopped wearing it when I was about 21, and realised that it was no longer 2003, and it wasn’t really as cool anymore.
6. My favourite films of all time are; Moulin Rouge, A Little Princess and, The Secret Garden. I basically miss my childhood, and wish I was a rich little girl. Or a prostitute living in a giant elephant…
7. My spirit animal is Monica Geller.
There are so many blogs out there that I just love to spend hours reading, and pouring over the pictures. But, I had to narrow it down a little! So, without further ado, here are my all time favourite travel blogs, and my nominations for the Versatile Blogger Award! Be sure to check them out, and comment below with one interesting thing about you!
1. Christina – Happy to Wander
2. Sora and Kristina – Nerdventurists
3. Lauren and Ben – Television of Nomads
4. Gina – Gina Bears Blog
5. Soraya – Hello Raya
6. Alex and Sebastiaan – Lost With Purpose